Carrot is an excellent juicy feed widely used in domestic and international aquaculture industries. It has the advantages of strong adaptability, easy cultivation, high yield, resistance to storage, less pests and diseases, rich nutrition, good palatability, etc. It is not only suitable for general livestock and poultry feeding, but also Suitable for special animal feeding.
Nutrition and Role of Carrots (1) Nutrition: Carrot contains 100 mg of Î²-carotene per kilogram, equivalent to 36 times the weight of celery and 100 times of tomatoes; it also contains more vitamin B, vitamin C, and vitamin E. And calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and other minerals.
(2) Function: (1) Before conversion: Carotene has a coloring effect on poultry eggs, poultry meat, and quail meat, and can improve the visual quality of egg products and meat products. (2) After transformation: 1 molecule of carotene can be converted into 2 molecules of vitamin A in the animal body, and the effect becomes diverse and the importance is enhanced. Its role is summarized as follows: 1 constitute the eye of the retinal cell photosensitive material rhodopsin components, maintain normal eye vision. 2 Maintain the integrity and integrity of the digestive and respiratory epithelial tissues. 8 Maintain normal reproductive function in animals. 4 Promote normal growth and development of animals.
Benefits of feeding carrots to breeding animals (1) Feeding breeding chickens to improve reproductive performance: According to Zhang Zhaoxi, 360 breeder chickens (10 males and 350 females) were randomly divided into 2 groups. 40 grams of carrots were fed for a total of 30 days. Results: The egg production rate was increased by 2.5%, the fertilization rate was increased by 0.5%, and the hatching rate was increased by 2.4%. The semen quality of the breeder roost significantly increased.
(2) Feeding cows to treat nutritional reproductive disorders: According to Xu Chunbo et al., there are 54 estrus cows (Simmental improved cattle) in a cattle farm in Zhaodong City. Due to extensive feeding, they are suffering from different degrees of nutrition. Sexual reproductive disorders, after mating only 7 were conceived, and the remaining 44 repeated estrus repeated infertility. Take measures: 0.5 kg of fresh carrots, 1.5 kg of silage, and 1.0 kg of concentrate each cow per day during the subtilis period. After six months, the rate of conception increased from 13% to 64.8%.
(3) Feeding cows to increase milk production and milk fat percentage: According to Shen Huaimin's report, 40 Holstein cows were used for the experiment and were divided into 2 test groups. One group fed 10 kg of carrots per cow per day, and the other group consumed cows per day. Feeding 1.5 kg of carrots and 10 kg of fodder beets for a total of 40 days. Compared with cows that did not feed these two types of roots, the total amount of 40-day lactation for single-feeding carrots increased by 8% and the milk fat percentage increased by 0.1%; With the addition of sugar beets, total milk production increased by 18.5% and milk fat percentage increased by 0.4%.
(4) Feeding pigs to improve reproductive performance: According to reports of Haibo et al., in winter and spring season, carrots can be used instead of green feed to feed breeding pigs, 0.25 to 0.5 kg per head per day for sows, and 0.5 to 1.0 kg for breeding sows. Effect: The interval between estruss was reduced by 3 days after weaning. The pregnancy rate increased from 86.71% in 1999 to 90.38% in 2000, and increased to 92.76% in 2001. The incidence of stillbirth and mummification dropped from 5.63% in 1999 to 3.12% in 2000 and 3.03% in 2001. The semen quality of the boar was significantly improved, and the libido increased year by year. The rate of dead sperm dropped from 33% to 15%.
(5) Feeding deer to improve production performance: According to Zhao Yufang and other reports, the deer growing in the high latitudes of northern China is slow in growth and development, and the resistance to disease is not strong; the amount of antler produced by the male deer is reduced; After practical exploration, the use of silage carrots instead of green feed to feed deer in winter has solved this problem. The silage method can be performed with reference to other silage practices.
(6) Feeding, disease prevention and reducing mortality: According to Zhao Chunguang reports, carrots are cooked into paste and fed in the following amounts, which can prevent rotten eyes and rotten skin diseases, and reduce mortality by 5%. The amount of carrageenan varies depending on the weight of carcasses. For a body weight of 5 to 50 grams, it is added at 8%; for a body weight of 250 grams or more, it is added at 5%.
(7) Feeding pupa promotes the transformation of larvae: quails belong to the category of "sound worms", Beijing terracotta crickets and Tianjin Liuyuan green crickets are all well-known varieties in China. Play rewards are mainly in the winter, according to Niu Chong reports, winter feeding does not require artificial breeding of young cubs, no wild calluses. At the beginning of October, the artificially hatched larvae were fed with carrots coated with soybean powder to promote normal growth and development. By the beginning of November, when the metamorphosis has been completed and entered into the adult stage, the yellow mealworms will need to be fed; the ambient temperature will be maintained at 20-28Â°C.
Author: College of Animal Science and Technology, Shandong Agricultural University
Dried Pumpkin Powder,Pumpkin Powder,Fresh Dried Pumpkin Powder,Freeze Dried Pumpkin Powder
Ningxia Lihe Food Co., Ltd. , http://www.lihedried.com